Dancing Queen

Sunday, September 25, 2005

January Low - Under the stars

Have u ever heard about Ramli Ibrahim - Sutra Dance? Well, at first his name is really not familiar with me and then, I heard la about his stuff on indian classical dance. And that's about it. And then, one day, my good friend, Iza asked me whether am I interested to join her to watch Ramli's performance but this one is a performance by his protege - January Low. At first, I was eager coz this is my first time of watching indian classical dance and you all should know how crazy I am with dances. So, I promised her that I would join. But then, down the road, I had a 2nd thoughts of going there due to many reasons - mainly unplanned expenses i.e. Marcell & Glenn in concert.. hehehe.. I told Iza about it and I think I hurt her feelings but in the end, I agreed to go.

So, on the day, I drove to KL coz later we need to go to Ramli's house (where the performance is) at Titiwangsa. As early as 5.15 am I was out to KLCC since I wanted to join morning class at FF. When I arrived at KLCC open carpark near the Masjid, there was no carpark attendant. And I need to use coins in order to enter (for RM3.00 you know!) Stupid isn't it???!! So, I need to make a detour and finally I found a spot and quickly rushed for the class. Luckily I made it on time!

I was actually excited to go to that performance that I bought myself a new set of earing and necklace.. First time I really satisfied with my new accessories.

I agreed to meet Iza at KLCC around 6.30 pm and since that was friday, it will jam like mad. And it was. I went to the gym, changed and did some make up. Well, ppl at the gym was so nice to compliment me.. hehehehehe.. (aaarghh too much nyeeee .. I know..I know.. I am vain.. hehehe.. but cute vain.. not bitchy vain eh..)...

By 6.30 pm, we went to Ramli's house and it was jam all the way. My ankle and knee hurt like hell. Dah la bawa manual.. lagii la sakit. We finally arrived there and the funny thing was, we stucked in the car coz it was raining and we didn't have any umbrella. So we waiting for Iza's friends to arrive in hoping that they would have extra payung.. But too bad, they didnt have extra. So, we rushed to the house and my baju dah ada polkodot.. hehehe.. As we entered, I was shocked! Wow!!!! His house is big.. nice.. so cozy except for all those patung.. Kalau I sorang2 kat dlm rumah tu, mau tak tidur malam. Takuttt.. Anyway, we was greeted by Ramli's housemate - Sivarajah. He was nice and friendly.

While waiting, we snapped some photos at his compound. Here is the photo















The show supposed to be held at the ampitheatre but due to rain, it was held inside. Memang cozy.. and then, the show started and from there on, I dunno how to describe how I felt. Just a simple word.. WOW!!!!!!!.. memang outstanding performance. The movement, Oh my God.. made me want to join her on the stage. She dance fluidly.. her movement flawless..and her body rythm.. sooo excellent.. no wonder she is Ramli's protege.. and she is beautiful. Really, this is not gonna be my last experience with them. I am sure I will join again next show.. In fact, Iza already is planning to check out the next show.. and thanks to her, I experienced this excellent show.. and Iza's friends too - Butik & Yatie for making the nite, FUN!!

This is my photo with January. I really admire her and it shown on my face.. How happy I was that day!!! hehehe




1 Comments:

Blogger Shopaholic_Sinful said...

Diha... U looked superb..with right accessories n sort of things... anyway ... i'm glad that u enjoyed it...perhaps one day I should try to watch it tooo ( although I am not a big fan of dances-art ).But Ramli Ibrahim is among the best Indian-classic performer.... :)

2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home